Our one day Master Class is designed to provide professionals with the skills, knowledge and understanding about Retirement Living and Residential Aged Care
During this master class you will acquire the knowledge and skills to understand the spectrum of accommodation and care options available to senior Australians. The one day master class examines all the relevant aspects of the retirement living and residential aged care.
Attendees will be provided with:
- A copy of the presentation
- Supporting Materials
- Lunch, morning & afternoon tea
- Opportunities to network with your peers over lunch
- CPD/CPE certificate
This activity has been accredited for continuing professional development by the Financial Planning Association of Australia but does not constitute FPA’s endorsement of the activity. Accreditation number 009841 for 7.75 hours.
Who should attend?
All professionals who wish to examine the range of accommodation and care options available to Senior Australians from a holistic point of view: legal, financial and care.
Master Class Overview - what will you learn?
This workshop is designed for participants to develop an understanding of the range of accommodation and care options available to senior Australians and includes case-based, facilitator-lead examples, individual calculations and group discussions.
You will gain a sound knowledge of the various legislative frameworks and financial arrangements that will potentially impact your clients when they embark upon this expensive and highly emotive journey.
We will also outline relevant strategies to enable you to deliver quality advice to support and guide your clients as they navigate the complexities of the aged care system.
Areas covered include:
- Identify and discuss the key drivers of the Aged Care industry from the perspective of the individual, government and providers.
- Identify and evaluate the different accommodation choices for residents.
Residential Aged Care
- Develop an understanding of residential aged care fees and charges.
- Consider the legal, financial, access and affordability aspects of a variety of residential care options.
- Explain the different forms of care services available in the home.
- Assess and calculate the funding and means-tested contributions for home care services.
- Explain the different forms of granny flat arrangements.
- Identify potential legal and financial consequences arising from different arrangements.
- Identify similarities and differences between retirement villages and land lease communities; including the legal and financial arrangements.
- Explain and calculate the fees and charges applicable to: moving to, living in and leaving a retirement village or land lease community.