Prepare your 2018 Fringe Benefits Tax (FBT) return efficiently and effectively!
Our full day workshops are designed to help you and your colleagues prepare the 2018 FBT return and 2018 Reportable Fringe Benefits amounts with maximum confidence and minimum fuss.
Jointly run by Wolters Kluwer and FBT Solutions, our interactive workshops bring together the practical guidance, support and tools you need to sail through the 2018 FBT season.
Attendees will be provided with:
- A 2018 FBT Manual
- A 2018 FBT Essentials Checklist
- An attendance certificate for CPD/CPE purposes (7.5 hours)
- Lunch, morning & afternoon tea
- Opportunities to network with your peers and fellow FBT-preparers over lunch.
Registrants also qualify for the following special offers:
- Free access to the FBT Query service until 30 June 2018 – the sooner you register, the sooner you’ll have access to this valuable service from FBT Solutions
- A free Fleet and FBT optimisation review
- Preferential pricing for the FBT Solutions car parking valuation service
- Pay only $59 for the CCH FBT Compliance Guide for 2018 (we’ll be in touch to provide you with a promo code).
- Receive a 20% discount on the FBT 2018 webinar program.
Who should attend?
All personnel involved in the preparation or review of the 2018 FBT return, whether new to FBT or those requiring refresher training. This includes Tax Accountants, Financial Accountants, Payroll Managers and Staff, HR Managers and their teams.
What can you expect?
A comprehensive update on the FBT changes for 2018 including:
- The new rules in relation to employee travel expenses
- Introduction of new safe harbour rules for claiming exemption on tool of trade and work-related vehicles
- New safe harbour rules and capping for minor benefits
- The latest on FBT and car parking
- The FBT treatment for taxi expenses and Uber
- Discussion of new ATO audit strategies and compliance activities.
You will receive detailed guidance on how to prepare the 2018 FBT return and:
- Learn how to identify and value all benefits
- Work through the valuation methodologies and calculations for all benefit categories including Cars, Car Parking, Entertainment, Temporary & Permanent Relocations, Living Away From Home, Remote Area, Employee Expenses and Property
- An understanding of the key documentation requirements for claiming reductions, concessions and exemptions
- How to avoid the most common mistakes that organisations make
- Discover ways that you can achieve real savings and reduce the tax liability for your organisation.
Presenter: Paul Mather
Founder of FBT Solutions
Paul is a Chartered Accountant (Aust. & NZ) and holds a Masters of Tax from Sydney University, he is also a Registered Tax Agent and Chartered Tax Adviser and has significant experience in advising businesses on their FBT obligations. Paul has over 20 years hands-on, practical experience preparing, reviewing and lodging FBT returns.
Paul is a current member of the ATO’s Small Business Liaison Group and was a member of the former Australian Taxation Office National Tax Liaison Group (NTLG) Fringe Benefits Tax Subcommittee from 2005 to 2013.
An accomplished trainer and speaker, Paul delivers his topic in a practical and insightful manner.
The fully integrated cloud-based software designed by accountants for accountants.
Get access to all the practical information you need to provide accurate and timely answers.
CCH iQ is a software and information services solution designed specifically for accountants that will redefine how you do business.
FBT Compliance Guide 2017 book/eBook
Stay compliant this FBT season with comprehensive, practical commentary on Australian FBT law and salary packaging issues.
Employment Taxes & FBT online content, powered by CCH IntelliConnect®
Get answers fast with accurate and authoritative commentary and interpretation on the latest employment taxes and FBT legislation from Wolters Kluwer, that will help you reduce your risk of non-compliance.
CCH FBT Organiser
Intuitive, scalable and flexible reporting software. CCH FBT Organiser is an automated software solution which removes the complexity of FBT returns while ensuring accuracy and compliance.