Prepare your 2017 Fringe Benefits Tax (FBT) return efficiently and effectively!
This jointly run event by Wolters Kluwer and FBT Solutions is designed to help you and your colleagues to efficiently and effectively prepare the 2017 FBT return.
Who should attend:
All personnel involved in the preparation or review of the 2017 FBT return should attend. This will include Payroll Managers and Staff, HR Managers and their teams, Finance personnel (accountants and AP staff) and Tax personnel.
The outcomes you can expect from the workshop include:
- Updates and changes to the FBT rules for 2017
- How to identify and value all benefits
- Changes to car FBT rules for fleets
- Safe harbour rules for claiming exemption on tool of trade and work related
- Understand the key documentation requirements for claiming reductions, concessions and exemptions
- Reform of the meal entertainment rules and introduction of employee cap from 1 April 2016
- New requirements to reportable fringe benefits that applied from 1 April 2016
- Safe harbour rules and capping for minor benefits
- Work through the key issues, tips and tricks as they apply to all benefit categories including Cars, Car Parking, Entertainment, Temporary & Permanent Relocations, Employee Expenses, Property, Minor Benefits and Exemptions
- Learn how to avoid the mistakes that organisations commonly make
- Discover ways that you can achieve real savings and reduce the tax liability for your organisation
- Discuss recent, current and planned ATO audit activity
In addition to the workshop provided, attendees will also receive the following:
- 2017 FBT Manual
- 2017 FBT Essentials Checklist
- CPD/CPE: 6.5 hours, a certificate will be provided.
Presenter: Paul Mather
Founder of FBT Solutions
Paul is a Chartered Accountant (Aust. & NZ) and holds a Masters of Tax from Sydney University, he is also a Registered Tax Agent and Chartered Tax Adviser and has significant experience in advising businesses on their FBT obligations.
Paul is a current member of the ATO’s Small Business Liaison Group and was a member of the former Australian Taxation Office National Tax Liaison Group (NTLG) Fringe Benefits Tax Subcommittee from 2005 to 2013.
An accomplished trainer and speaker, Paul delivers his topic in a practical and insightful manner.
The fully integrated cloud-based software designed by accountants for accountants.
Get access to all the practical information you need to provide accurate and timely answers.
CCH iQ is a software and information services solution designed specifically for accountants that will redefine how you do business.
FBT Compliance Guide 2017 book/eBook
Stay compliant this FBT season with comprehensive, practical commentary on Australian FBT law and salary packaging issues.
Employment Taxes & FBT online content, powered by CCH IntelliConnect®
Get answers fast with accurate and authoritative commentary and interpretation on the latest employment taxes and FBT legislation from Wolters Kluwer, that will help you reduce your risk of non-compliance.
CCH FBT Organiser
Intuitive, scalable and flexible reporting software. CCH FBT Organiser is an automated software solution which removes the complexity of FBT returns while ensuring accuracy and compliance.